What is Reading TEAS Practice Free Test ?
The Reading TEAS practice free test accesses the student's Reading comprehension skills and ability to read, analyze and provide answers in an organized and efficient way.
The Reading practice test comprises different types of sections, requiring thorough preparation to ensure you are comfortable digesting long passages and answering questions quickly.
Why Test Me on My Reading Skills?
Most nursing students always need clarification on why they are being tested on reading skills, yet they want to be nurses. Yes, you will always contact your clients and workmates as a nurse. Communication is an important skill that will help determine the success of any working relationship. Health is an important department that needs efficient communication.
Once you have achieved your qualifications and certifications, you will have charts, texts, reports, and various documents to read and understand. All these will directly or indirectly affect an individual's health.
Reading excellence is an important component in most jobs. In nursing, it is of benefit to the medical community. No nurse will ever want to be an accessory to a mistake or misunderstanding. All nurses will aspire to have a clear understanding and be capable of comprehending any nursing aspect.
The earlier academic prowess in reading skills does not guarantee success in the TEAS Reading test. That explains why you need to have a Reading TEAS practice test. The TEAS has a direct relation to understanding and usage of Reading.
With the nursing field always changing, so is the reading section of the TEAS test—the Reading TEAS test changes to reflect the current environment.
What is on the Reading TEAS Practice Test ?
Reading sections on the TEAS exam reflects entry-level nursing schools' current standards and aspects. It is one of the sections most nursing students find challenging and requires adequate preparation to excel in.
The reading section on the TEAS exam comprises different subcategories.
1. Key Ideas and Details
The key ideas and details category contains 15 questions. It is an aspect of Reading and understanding what is important and relevant to the nursing career. In this section, you will be required to demonstrate the following skills:
- Summarizing multi-paragraph text
- Demonstrate comprehension of written directions.
- Locating particular information in a text.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and applying information from graphs, charts, and other visuals
- Interpreting events in the right sequence.
2. Craft & Structure
Just as builders construct buildings from materials, writers craft and structure their writings. They, too, organize and frame materials they want to portray, display and convey to the reader. There are a total of 9 questions in this category.
In this category, the nursing students will be expected to:
- Differentiate between fact and opinion
- Use context to interpret phrases and words' meanings
- Evaluate the purpose of an author in a text
3. Integration of Knowledge & Ideas
It would help if you did not get intimidated by the name. The section comprises 15 questions about using evidence and related writing sources.
As a student, you must always consider the writer's point of view when reading. As you read on, you will want to consider the evidence they present and how it will support their claims. When you use any reference materials, ensure you evaluate whether they are primary or secondary.
The Integration of Knowledge & Ideas category is about using evidence and related sources in writing. You will be working with evidence in different ways.
Here is what you will be doing in this category:
- Evaluating an argument
- Evaluating and integrating data from different sources across different formats
- Comparing and contrasting themes expressed in or more texts
- Using evidence from texts to make predictions and drawing conclusions
Important Tips to Help You Succeed in Reading TEAS Test
- Since every category has a time limit, you may feel rushed. Always try to be confident in reading and understanding each question.
- Although it sounds like you are oversimplifying, it is a fact the section is about Reading. Reading is the primary key. Ensure you read closely and pay attention to the details..
- By reading closely, you will get a good understanding and not miss any important information, like instructions for particular questions.
- When you go over a passage twice, you will not miss any imperative detail and will have a good grasp of the subject matter.
- Never be in any rush when doing the Reading TEAS test. Take your time and pace yourself well to ensure you beat the time limit.